Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WHERE I'M AT

This is nothing fancy other than to say that I haven't been blogging regularly because I have started another podcast episode again.

It looks like this will be the final installment in the "Things We Did Before Reality" series. . .

This is not to say that later on, I might not begin a new series called "Things We Did After Reality" or simply "Reality". . .

This is shaping up to be a special hour-long episode. And I am trying to make it a masterpiece. It is my plan to have it up by the end of March or sometime in early April.

I am looking for patrons to help me finish this particular episode. It wouldn't cost much--if any of you wanted to kick in a dollar or five dollars or whatever at www.willfranken.libsyn.com it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know any other way to say this, but I am absolutely out of money. I know, I know, I should have gotten a job. What can I say? People like me either work in convenience stores or we create great works of art. I decided to invest everything into creating great works of art. Consequently, I came out on the losing end of the stick. Financially, that is. Not artistically. I did okay artistically. Which is why I didn't financially.

If any of you heard the ending of the last episode, "BANG!", you'll know the sort of stuff I've had to put up with from "industry" people over the years. (They used to just say they didn't know how to make money off of me, now they say they don't know how to make money off of me AND I'm on the "wrong side of 30") Anyway, I'm too tired and jaded to suck their cocks anymore. I hate them all. I wish they'd just fuck off and die. But they won't.

And I refuse to become a businessman. If they have a hard time describing what it is that I do, I'm not much better at it. I just do it.

See, I really have no choice in the matter. I tried to explain this to someone the other day--why I don't leave the house after I've decided to start a recording project; why it's hard to wash myself, clean my clothes, eat (I didn't have anything today until 9:30 pm, a slice of Kraft cheese on some wheat bread), or answer the phone--the only thing I can say is that I've always been somewhat of a prisoner to my creativity. And the more I began to discover the possibilities of recorded sound, the harder it was to let go of the urge to dive fully into the abyss without looking back. . .

So I'm going for broke on this one. If I have to go off and live the "normal" life just so I don't have to scrounge around like a rat, passing a hat at "underground" theatres and getting banned for doing so, well--I'm gonna leave behind a really good body of work with a nice cherry on top when it's all over.

I'd like to thank all of you who have contributed thus far. God bless you all. . .

I love you all and you will be in my heart as I complete this latest project.

Wm.