Monday, April 28, 2008

Hello Everybody

Hello everybody.

I've been wanting to write to you guys for awhile and let you know that I am still hard at work on my finale podcast episode. It has been, I believe, almost two months since I started this one and, as I mentioned before, it has consumed my life.

But I believe I may be in the home stretch now. I have another 1-2 minutes to write and then a curtain call before going through another run-through to put in supplemental sound effects and what not. My pragmatic estimation is that it may be ready in a week. Hopefully no longer than that.

I will be grateful to have this completed. I feel so out of touch with the world, sometimes it makes me sad to realize it has been so long since I talked to you.

I force myself into periods of isolation to create because in that isolation I get to meet my subconscious face to face. He/she is the wellspring of all creativity.

This project is. . .well, I don't even know how I feel about it anymore. I don't feel like I wrote it. I feel like it's being written through me. It is, in short, a violent explosion of the subconscious lasting 60 minutes.

It is probably the darkest piece I have ever written--or was ever written through me--and, to me, that means it is one of the funniest. I have always found such humour in the dark.

I don't know what else to say right now. In the coming days, I may post another blog on how it should be listened to or what the general theme or concept behind it is. Right now, I still don't want to give away anything.

To be honest, I am surprised I am still alive. This work is so emotionally taxing and I have never learned--or have never wanted to learn how to "balance". I like the dirt and grime that comes from starvation and obsession. Showers mean so much more when you haven't had one for days. Food tastes so much better when you've skipped three meals in a row. And I can't tell you how good sex is gonna feel one of these days.

Well, that's all I have to say for now. I am tired, but I am going to work for another two hours before resting.

I love you all and I will speak to you again very soon.

Wm.