Saturday, February 02, 2008

EPISTLE TO JONAH



Hello, everyone.

I have completed an online short story. It's roughly the equivalent of 20 off-line pages of paper and therefore too lengthy to post here as a blog entry. At the end of this intro, I will provide a link if any of you should care to read it.


Remember when people wrote things on paper? Boy, I could tell you guys some short stories.

This particular story is called
Epistle to Jonah. As I mention in the foreword, it is the story of an "existential search for an amorous warmth to combat a physical cold." It was inspired by winter.

Not just winter here in New York, but in San Francisco and Columbus, Ohio as well. For the story is also a visceral reaction to the chilling silence that remains following a brief whirlwind comedy tour of all three cities. The weather in each one disturbingly cold.

This is my first attempt at posting a story. I don't know why I felt compelled to write a longer-form piece. Perhaps it was because the complexity of the central themes of sex, romance and art do not allow for economy. Who can say? What's done is done.

Anyway, please click here if you'd like to read
Epistle to Jonah.